Malaika Kids Tanzania is looking for motivated and enthusiastic volunteers who can help to give our children a better future.
Volunteers will be based at our Children’s village in Mkuranga, an hour’s drive south of Dar es Salaam, and are required for a minimum of 3-6 months. The Village is currently home to some 50 orphans aged 2-15.
Our ideal start date is February 1.
Main duties will include:
* Making an assessment of the present educational arrangements.
* Supporting the children’s learning of English.
* Using your skills to develop other activities such as sports, art and crafts, music and computer literacy.
* Running and maintaining the children’s library.
* Monitoring the children’s school progress with the local management.
* Writing articles of the children’s activities and progress for the international e-newsletter and web site.
The ideal candidate will have some educational experience and the TEFL qualification. A willingness to learn basic Swahili is necessary. A highly motivated recently retired teacher would be highly desirable.
Food, accommodation and airport pick-up provided. You will have to cover flights, insurance, CRB check and visa costs.
For further details please contact Helen Marriage at
Please forward this urgent request to anyone you know. Thank you.