Good intentions won’t help destitute Tanzanian orphans. Help us by donating your time, energy, and skills.
Malaika Kids is a volunteer-driven organisation: from our trustees to our interns, all of our non-Tanzanian staff are unpaid volunteers. This means we’re always on the lookout for dedicated people who can help in many ways, including:
- Supporting the children’s learning of English.
- Using your skills to develop other activities such as sports, art and crafts, music and computer literacy.
- Running and maintaining the children’s library
- Monitoring the children’s school progress with the local management
- Writing articles of the children’s activities and progress for the international e-newsletter and web site.
IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY:
- Organise an Even
- Write a Grant application
- Get more people involved and consider setting up a Malaika Kids Charity in your own country
To find out more, send us your CV and a short statement explaining your motivation.
Organise a Fundraising Event
Get your school, college or organisation involved, or organize a fundraising event. Ask how we can help you: email@example.com.
Register for a Sporting Event
Run with us in the Royal Parks Half Marathon in London, compete in our annual golf tournament in Holland, or select an event of your own like climbing Mount Kilimanjaro.
Teach in Tanzania
Every year we have a small number of openings for skilled teachers and youth workers who journey to Tanzania for extended teaching and coaching assignments. These dedicated souls live amongst the kids in the Children’s Village, and spend three months to a year making a direct impact on the lives of orphaned Tanzanian children. To apply, send us your CV and a covering letter. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.