Make a difference by supporting the work that Malaika Kids does to help destitute children in Tanzania. You can help by donating your time, energy, skills or money.
Dutch volunteers at the Children’s Village in Mkuranga in Tanzania
Volunteer in the UK or Tanzania
Malaika Kids is a volunteer-driven organisation: from our trustees to our interns, all of our non-Tanzanian staff are unpaid volunteers. This means we’re always on the lookout for dedicated professional people who want to volunteer and help.
- Supporting the children’s learning of English
- Using your skills to develop other activities such as sports, art and crafts, music and computer literacy
- Running and maintaining the children’s library
- Monitoring the children’s school progress with the local management
- Writing articles of the children’s activities and progress for the international newsletter and web site
In the UK
- Event coordination
- Grant application writing
- Graphic design
- Digital and video photography
- Journalism and PR
- Social media
- Online marketing
To find out more, send us your CV and a short statement explaining your motivation.
Become a Member or Trustee
You can help run the organisation and be part of the decision making process that affects hundreds of children and their future. Alan Edwards, our Chair, would love to hear from you, so please contact us if you would like to know more about how you can be involved.
Organise a Fundraising Event
Get your school, college or organisation involved, or organise a fundraising event. Ask how we can help you.
Register for a Sporting Event
Run with us in the Royal Parks Half Marathon in London, compete in our annual golf tournament in Holland, or select an event of your own like climbing Mount Kilimanjaro.
Raise money when you shop online
Register to shop online with Easyfundraising or EveryClick and a portion of the proceeds will be donated to Malaika Kids.
We sometimes have interesting items for sale in our eBay shop.